Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, there are new and exciting ways to help you take charge and live a happy, healthy lifestyle.
UPMC Cole's Endocrinology Services are available at our Central Potter Health Center and the Bowman Health Center in Smethport, PA. For more information or an appointment, please call 814.274.5241.
In addition, our Diabetes Education program and staff are here to provide you with the best care to help you manage your diabetes.
Our program features:
- A personal visit with one of our registered nurses or a dietitian.
- Classes to help you to understand how to manage diabetes through healthy eating, exercise, testing your blood glucose and taking medication as prescribed. (This can be in a group or private setting.)
- Help coping with daily challenges.
- Help managing short-term complications.
- Referrals to this program can be made by your medical provider. We will then contact you for scheduled classes.
- There is a fee for the classes or individual session that is covered totally or inpart by most health insurances.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us during normal business hours at 814.260.5351.
Back to top